Friday, December 16, 2016

Dad's Workshop

 

My Goal throughout this piece was to make sure my use of color within my shadows were exaggerated like Wayne Thiebaud. I made sure to make black more a blueish/purple. I was suprised how much the colors make the shadows within the artwork more interesting and draws the eye. My artwork is about color. My most difficult challenge was mixing oil pastels without using smudging. I met the challenge by blending with the pastels. Using the right side of the brain involves not worrying about mistakes, in art mistakes are new ideas. My drawing really works within the shadows, the sense of color. I have learned that using color in an exaggerated way is very drawing to the eye. Georgia helped me realize that using black is to bold with oil pastels. If I had to do my artwork over again I would make my proportions a little more on point. The best thing about my artwork is my use of colors really makes my shadows pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment